Thursday, December 3, 2009

A little life...

Well, I am writing this entry from a place I hadn't planned on being this evening...
but then again, when does one plan on being in the hospital?

Yes, I am sitting in my room on the Labor & Delivery unit...officially on bedrest.

This morning, I was experiencing some more symptoms of this saga we are in called complete "placenta previa". I was diagnosed at 19 weeks and was immediately put on "decreased activity" and had to stop working at my job at the hospital. But for the last 6 weeks, we have been overjoyed because I have not had any complications or symptoms.

We were encouraged thinking that maybe this thing would right itself...
...but no.

Our doctor was here this evening and wants me to stay the night for monitoring. Oh, and I am officially on complete bedrest.

Complete bedrest...what does that really mean?

Definition: in the morning I may get up and go the bathroom...maybe take a shower, then back to bed/couch to lie down...maybe sit up for lunch...then lay down for nap...up to bathroom....lay down...etc.

Hmmmm...did I miss the part that said take care of my 2 toddlers, do laundry, vacuum, go to Christmas parties, make dinner, go to the grocery store, team with my husband to run our home???

The length of time for this new "schedule" is yet to be determined, but we are pretty sure it will be for the duration of the pregnancy.

I am only 26 weeks.

And the other kicker is that I cannot be at home to be on bedrest...I have to stay in Wenatchee. Placenta previa is so unpredictable & potentially life-threatening to me and babe, that I cannot even be as far away as Leavenworth.

The consequences of these new restrictions are fairly hard to comprehend at the moment. But I could not be more thankful for an unshakable peace that has been on me since we arrived here this afternoon.

The Lord is constant & unwavering as He supplies all our needs. I am so thankful that the life of our little one is in His hands...not mine.

The baby is moving, kicking...a whir of activity. Heartbeat pounding along at 150 healthy beats/minute. A little life...growing & developing...a miracle only designed by a brilliant Creator.

And so I am overwhelmed by the things I have to be thankful for this evening...
-thankful for that little beating heart I hear on the monitor...
-thankful that my husband is home from Europe...
-thankful that I am surrounded by loving friends & family...
-thankful for Uncle & Auntie and Grandma & Grandpa...for their competent and loving care of our 2 children during this time...
-thankful that this little one was not born today...for we might have only held him for a moment, before he went to be with Jesus...
-thankful for the prayers of many saints...for they are not in vain, but an encouragement to my heart and a petition to our Heavenly Father...

I pray that a thankful & trusting heart will be mine during this season we are now in...for there is no other way I desire to be as our Lord leads the way.

I will be updating as I can...for now, I will be following doctor's orders, being on bedrest & letting the Lord continue to create this little life inside me.

With joy,
Sharon



4 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, thank the Lord for His peace which surpasses all understanding. Mike and I will pray for you during this trial.

Tricia said...

We are praying for you!!

Tyffany said...

Wow, I didn't know you guys were expecting again and am so thankful to the Lord that I was forwarded your blog. I look forward to praying with you for the health of you and that precious baby. I remember praying afar for your first precious baby and being amazed to see God work through that. Congratulations on your new addition and I pray that God gives you plenty to think and pray on while you are on bed rest. Tyffany (Lutz) Fries

Joce said...

Oh Sharon, Thank you for sharing and being so open and honest. Know you, your little one and your beautiful family will be in my prayers~daily. Your stength and peace from the Lord has always been such an encouragment~I pray that now others will be able to help carry you during this time. Trusting and believing this little one and you will stay healthy and whole. Many blessings,
Jocelyn