Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Prayers of an excellent wife...

A last minute Christmas gift idea for the married women in your life (wife, mom, sister, friend...).  Prayers of an Excellent Wife by Andrew Case looks like a wonderful read.  I know this is on my list! Check out the reviews and see what you think. Although I have not read it yet...it comes highly recommended and appears to be Biblically saturated & theologically sound. Sounds good to me!

I have been challenged as of late to deepen my prayer life. (Long hours of silence & solitude can do that to you!)  And I have been most convicted on my desire to be in specific, regular and intentional prayer for my husband.  A good friend of mine has been praying for her husband daily for over 15 years.  Her dedication to prayer is reflected in her marriage, her children and the state of her home. 

Although one does not need a book to tell you how to pray, there is wisdom in having something like the aforementioned book to get you started and keep you on track. I hope to find this wonderful resource in my stocking this week. (hint, hint, hint Joshua!)


Merry Christmas! 



Ok...so it might be a little too late to order this one for this year. But it would still make a great gift!  How 'bout a gift certificate for it?  Or an I.O.U.?  Maybe a birthday? :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found an offer to download this book for free: http://hismagnificence.com/index.php/view/Content-Main/page/books.html

Thanks for always sharing from your heart!