Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Valentine's Day...

So Valentine's day has come and gone...some of you may have seen my post on Facebook about my husband taking me on a 24-hour, kid-free, mini-getaway over the weekend. 

Sigh. It went too fast. 


And speaking of going way too fast...

10 years ago this month (February 19th to be exact)...this man of my dreams whisked me away on another wonderful 24-hour weekend. Except this time, it was to ask me to marry him. 

With a masterfully contrived plan, he managed to surprise me with plane tickets (to fly me from Portland to Wenatchee), with my bags already packed by my roommates, with 2 days off work (approved by my boss)...and then came the extravaganza complete with:

-a beautiful drive into the mountains... 

-a double ride on a hidden snowmobile...

-a map for a secret location... 

-a bonfire in 5+ feet of snow...

-music playing on a mountaintop...

-delectable food chilling in a snow bank...

-red roses leading me down a beautiful snowy path...

-a breathtaking diamond ring...

-and a mountaintop proposal by a handsome young man on bended knee on a blue-skied, gorgeous February day complete with celebratory gunfire by the "helpers" who watched across the canyon via binoculars. :o)

Yes, that was the day I got engaged. 

And the adventures have just kept coming. 

Now, 10 years and 3 children later this man of my dreams is still:

leading me...
loving me...
wooing me...
honoring me...
serving me...
desiring me...
praying for me...
listening to me...
and laughing with me.

Another Valentine's Day has come and gone and darling, they just keep getting better.

I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE it! I used to blog myself...:) I remember when Pastor Josh told us your engagement story at family camp this past year! :)
Glad I found your blog, I will be following!!
Maddi Lambert