Thursday, November 6, 2008

Papa...



This is without a doubt one of my all time favorite pictures...

Today, I wanted to talk about 2 very wonderful people. If I would have had my blog going back in October, I would've talked about them then. They are called Nana & Papa in our house, but are otherwise known as Earl & Nadeen Carey.

In October, they celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary...a rare and wonderful thing these days. And I was wanting others to know about this truly amazing couple.

Many of you know them, but I still feel the need to brag on them a little. They are the epitome of what a grandpa and grandma should be. They are some of the most hard-working, generous, loving, servant-hearted people I know.

They are serving the Lord and leaving a legacy to the generations that are following them. One of those generations is my children...and I cherish every moment my children spend with them.

Although, I have no formal reason for blogging about them today, I saw this picture and thought again how much I miss them while we are apart.

I miss talking with Nana about everything from gardening to cooking to Christmas. I miss seeing Papa get down on the floor (even though he's 80) to play with my kids. I miss sitting at their kitchen table eating a meal together, probably one that Nana just threw together because I showed up unannounced, enjoying the company and chatting about the day.

So that's all.

Today is just officially "we all miss Nana & Papa day". (especially me)

So Nana & Papa, thank you for being Godly parents who raised Candy, who married Greg, who raised Joshua, who married me and is now the father of my children...I am benefiting from your hard work and vision and your relationship with the Lord, which you have passed down to the next generation. May we continue the legacy you have so graciously passed to us...

We love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you soon...