Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some deep thoughts...(well, for me they are)

I have recently been challenged, from many reputable sources, to make sure that my life is being lived as intentional. Not half-hazard, chaotic or dependent on my circumstances. Not purpose-filled in one season and pity-filled the next.

No, I have been challenged, that in everything I do, that it would be truly pleasing, glorifying and edifying to the Lord. That no matter what circumstances, challenges or joys come into my life, that my solid hope and direction in life would be found in Christ.

Not that my life up to this point has been lived out as pointless. But that I would not waste the time I have...whatever amount that may be.

Maybe it was the discussions I had with some (not all) of the young women on my volleyball team...whose life revolves around things like boys, music, dates and even grades. Their vision of the future and concept of "important" spans only to tomorrow's test or this weekend's outings.

Or maybe it was the insight of the Godly women whose teaching I enjoyed last Thursday evening at the HOFCC women's gathering. Women who are steeped in the Word and wise beyond their years....whose lives and households radiate the testimony of living with intention, conviction and a desire for Christ to be glorified.

Or maybe it was the impacting blog posted by my brother-in-law, calling us to use the gifts given to us and the technology of our day to further the kingdom of God. (Read it in it's entirety here)

It was a convicting message to not merely fill up my blog with fun facts or silly thoughts about ME, albeit interesting and humorous at times, but to use this tool as an avenue to encourage and challenge others to grow as we pursue Christ.

So challenged I have been as of late...to be a woman of God's word, to keep my home a place of order and to be about the kingdom work of bringing glory to God and others to Christ. Such simple things, I know...but ones I must constantly be working on, by God's grace.

And I just wanted to share those thoughts...not that I won't still post cute pics of my children, for they are blessings in my life from the Lord. But I pray that there would be substance and encouragement for you as well as we let Christ rule in our hearts, homes and purpose.


"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly,
teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom,
singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do,
in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:15-17

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Amen. -Leanne

Eric said...

Very insightful and challenging...Thanks for the word and example!

Chase Family

aejames said...

Thanks for the challenging and encouraging words, Sharon! Such a good reminder to keep Christ at the center of our lives, homes, thoughts, words, deeds. Soooooo good!

By the way - love, love, love the new picture, wallpaper, and overall look of the blog!

The Appels said...

Very, very good! I amen what you have said here and appreciate the encouragement and challenge this is for me, too. What a blessing you are, dear friend.

Also, I agree with Erin---love the picture and the new background! Love ya, Khiree

Tarah McPherson said...

Great thoughts and words on Truth Sharon. I love reading your postings and look forward to the ones to come! Love you sister!
Tarah