Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We won!




Making tough decisions...

Coach Grant's biggest (little) fan...

Let's go ladies!


Yes, sports fans, we finished with a win. Friday night was a tough one. The girls played hard, but lost in 4 games.

But then on Saturday night, our final hooray...we pulled it out. I was so proud of them.

I had a big fan section. My mom & dad; my sister, her husband and their 4 kids; Carey & Tarah; Dave & Julie Rasmussen and their girls, Laelie & Tirien; Olivia Pothoff and her girls, Tenley & Caselynn. Very fun...oh, and of course, my better half with Levi & Ella cheering the loudest of all.

And so, we are finally done with the season. Our final time together will be this next Saturday for an evening of dessert, team awards & memories. The other assistant coach and myself get to plan the evening. (Yes, a creative outlet!)

I have been debating about what to give the girls for an end of the season gift. Not a monogrammed towel or a signed volleyball...but something with some more substance. And I think I have decided on a book.

But which one? Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper or Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney? Biblical Womanhood by Nancy Leigh DeMoss or Amazing Women and Their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper? Choices...choices...choices.

I am still deciding, but would take some input if you want to share it! :o)

I just want to leave them something that has some lasting value...since there is more to life than volleyball.

For this, I am truly thankful.



Like father...like son.
(Josh is standing in the exact spot he was when
he saw me for the first time...10 years ago...on the floor behind him...what memories!)

Super Fans!
(Carey & Tarah, Levi, Olivia & Tenley Pothoff, Josh & Ella,
Dave & Laelie, and Julie with Tirien in front)

2 comments:

The Appels said...

Super, super fun! I can't tell you how excited I am to see this. You mentioned starting a blog a couple of weeks ago, I wish I would have known that you started it as soon as you did! Love the name, love the pic's... super cute hair, too! Love you all, Khiree (and the rest of our clan)

Leanne said...

Hi, it was so great to have time to read your "journal" this morning. Miss getting to chat with you but really looking forward to hearing about it in PERSON! It's a special thing, coaching, and I know you're a stellar leader for those women. I just finished, N. Piper's Faithful women... and I vote for that one.
Have a good week, see you next week :)