Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life at home...

Oh, it's good to be home.  We are all enjoying readjusting to life together, with the addition of Miss Amelia.  And she is a delightful addition at that. 
The kids are excelling at big brother and big sister life.  They love to take turns holding her and she has already been smothered with hundreds of kisses.  As I've returned home and enjoyed "getting to know" my two oldest again...I am surprised at how much they've grown.  And how much they've grown up.
They are both huge helpers and want to be involved with little sister's care as much as possible.  They are handling the "re-entry" of mom plus new baby sister quite well.  I am so proud of them.

And I am so thankful for my husband, in-laws, sister-in-law & brother-in-law's care of our children in my absence.  It is evident that they have been nurtured, mentored, trained and loved more than I could ever imagine.  Not only have their physical needs been met (eating, sleeping, playing, etc...no small task for a 3 year old and 4 1/2 year old with special needs), but more importantly their emotional and spiritual needs as well. 
They are reciting the 10 commandments (not something that I taught them!) and talking about making sure they use the "P" word (patience) as they go through their day.  Their little hearts are joyful in play and filled with laughter and songs. 
It makes this mommy's heart glad to hear these things.  And it makes the job of resuming my beloved role at their mommy and mentor that much easier.  I do not have to "make up" for lost time or "retrain" bad habits & attitudes.  Instead, I simply get to step back in where I left off...and it's as if I hadn't even left.
So thank you my family (and friends)...who have filled in a hole created by my absence.  I am forever indebted to each of you for the selfless investment you have made in my children.  This mother's heart is overwhelmed with gratitude. 

2 comments:

aejames said...

Thanking the Lord with you for the invaluable care of Ella and Levi!
So glad you are home!
Erin

Joce said...

Oh I LOVE seeing all the kids together, so very sweet. What a blessing that God took care of every detail while you were away, even better than you imagined.

And I can't believe how much Amelia's cheeks have grown already!!! Warms my heart to know you're all doing so well.
Continuing to pray for you,
Jocelyn